How the Weekly Radio Show Began
This radio podcast series began as a class project that was completed as a part of Lexi and my enrollment in Media Production studies, a core course for our major, Media and Communications. The final project for the course was to create a media product as a part of a mock crowdfunding campaign for an industry that we were most interested in working in. Lexi and I both were interested in Radio, so we created a fictional show ‘The Ladies Room‘, where we would discuss women’s limited role in the media as well as break barriers for young girls seeking to work in the media industry. Our campaign, not only won the competition in our class, but gained enough recognition from our professor Susan Harewood for us to work with her on developing our own weekly radio show that aired on UWave Radio at uwave.fm Lexi and I continued with developing the show under the mentorship of Susan and this is a collection of 10 complete episodes of our podcast, including our finale show 2 days before our graduation which featured a very special guest, my mother.
10 Feature Episodes of The Ladies Room
- January 22, 2016: Stacy Dash Controversy & the Oscars, Integration or Segregation?
- February 12, 2016: Man Weaves, Amani’s 21st Birthday & Beyonce at the Super Bowl
- February 26, 2016: Bar Pickup Lines & the Shock of the Oscars
- April 1, 2016: Spring Break, April Fool’s & Female Pay Wage Gaps
- April 15, 2016: Coachella, Phone Breakups & Racist T-Shirts
- April 22, 2016: Coachella Week 2, Tinder Dating & R.I.P. Prince
- April 29, 2016: Beyonce Concert, Co-Worker Hook-ps & Professional Natural H
- May 13, 2016: Friday the 13th & Tinder Cheating
- May 27, 2016: Tribute in Daniel Christensen’s Honor
- June 10, 2016: Finale Episode How You Know You’ve Found ‘The One‘